Tuesday, August 13, 2013

At the Starting Line



       


        Like a runner, whose toes are at the starting line, I’m waiting for the gun to go off and start the run. As I wait for school to begin and the assessment processes to start, I feel those anxious butterflies. What if my study is inconclusive? What if we go through all of this and it only provides more questions? What if the data shows a negative result and we have to continue the search for more alternatives? What if the result is positive? Can we afford to expand our program campus wide?

       All these questions are swirling through my head. 

       I wonder if I really will have time to concentrate on all this once school starts. For this point, I’m extremely grateful to have begun my classwork during the summer. It sets up an entire school year for my study to run. We will collect an adequate amount of data and the results should be clear.

       If the results show positive impacts by Moodle on student engagement, higher order thinking skills displays, and performance, this could expand campus wide in our school. This could positively impact our entire student population. It’s exciting to be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment